Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Works for Me Wednesday: CareCalendar


What are some of your favorite or most useful websites?

Google for sure, but have you heard of CareCalendar? According to the website, CareCalendar is is a web based system to organize meals and other help for families during a time of illness or life changing event, such as the birth of a baby or death of a family member.

CareCalendar can also be used for long term situations, including homebound and caregiver respite care needs.

A friend introduced me to it when her husband was deployed last year. Her church used it to bless her family in many ways - from bringing them meals to babysitting the kids to mowing lawn.

I've used CareCalendar now in a few different scenarios, and I've been really pleased with how it has helped me administratively to bless friends in time of need. I've used it for a friend who had a death in the family, a friend who had a baby, and now I'll be using it for a friend who is going through major surgery. I've researched other tools like it, and I find it easiest to use and most intuitively designed. Because others can log in to sign up for meals and get the info they need, it cuts out a lot of administrative time on email answering questions, shuffling dates, etc.

It's a free or donations-based service, and I can't say enough that it works for me!




Works for Me Wednesday: CareCalendarSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Ebates and Swagbucks are both easy ways to earn rewards while doing what you normally do - web-searching through Google and shopping for bargains online!

1 comment:

Anne said...

I just used the Care Calendar for a friend who had her baby yesterday. What a fabulous idea! This is probably my most favorite tip of the day!!p