Tuesday, March 30, 2010

DIY: Safari Themed Baby Shower


Some friends and I threw a baby shower for another friend in our bible study last weekend. She & her husband have chosen a "Cottontales Paradise" theme for baby's nursery, so we went with the safari animal theme for her shower. For this week's "Do it Yourself" day over at A Soft Place to Land, I'm including some pictures from our celebration.



We had a lot of fun with it! If you've been reading here for any amount of time, you know that I(Mel) am a baker. I enjoy baking for others, especially when it comes to special occasions. And with my career in event planning, I especially love to host and throw parties.
One of the co-hostesses made the. most. amazing. diaper cake. ever. Don't you agree?


Another brought decorations and paper goods. Others contributed delicious food.
















One of the guests was super creative with her bathtub themed gift,
involving her 4-year-old in the wrapping.


And as you can see from the first picture, I went a little overboard baking 2 cakes and dozens of sugar cookies. I'll be posting more information and the full description of what I baked at a new blog I've started with baking buddies. Stay tuned!











I really enjoyed meeting a faithful RU reader and showering our mutual friend. Blessings, J & T!
DIY: Safari Themed Baby ShowerSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Ebates and Swagbucks are both easy ways to earn rewards while doing what you normally do - web-searching through Google and shopping for bargains online!

No comments: