Friday, February 13, 2009

Rolling ExtraCare Bucks at CVS

Tonight I made a CVS run.

4 x $3.98 StayFree maxipads (various types apply for the ECB deal)
2 x $4.99 two-packs 6-hr. energy drinks
=======
$25.90 subtotal, $1.03 tax, total: $26.93

I used two BOGO (buy one get one free) Stayfree coupons from the 1/04 paper, and $5 ECB (expiring tonight), bringing the total down to $13.79 out of pocket, charged to my CVS gift card.

I received $17.98 in ExtraCare Bucks on my receipt when it printed.

Net imput: $18.79 ($13.79+ $5 ECB)
Net output: $17.98 ECB ((Energy Drink 2x$4.99 ECB)+(Stayfree 4x$2 ECB))
==============
$0.81 invested for $26.93 of merchandise

Year to date savings: $362.85
Year to date spending: $15.88 (saving 96% so far)

If you are a beginner to the CVS process, check out this lil' diagram I made tonight.

Hopefully it will help to give you a frame of reference for how coupons can be applied to where you are paying pennies on the dollar for household essentials (maxipads) and other random stuff (energy drinks...?).



Rolling ExtraCare Bucks at CVSSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Ebates and Swagbucks are both easy ways to earn rewards while doing what you normally do - web-searching through Google and shopping for bargains online!

1 comment:

Jennifer Clark said...

This was a helpful diagram...I'm going to try and do my first attempt at shopping the deals at CVS today.