Friday, February 20, 2009

Giant Deals this Week - 02/20-02/26

Mommy Making Money and Frugal in Virginia already did boffo jobs of covering the Giant deals, including coupon matchups, for the coming week. As I mentioned, pickings are slim in terms of stocking-up potential.

I have thus far spotted only three other deals worth mentioning:
  • Healthy Choice meals are listed on the front of the ad as 5/$10, and the tiny print mentions that Café Steamers are included. The 01/04 SS Sunday insert had a $1/2 coupon, which makes these $1.50 each - not a huge bargain, but for comparison's sake - even if you used the $1/2 coupon to double at Shopper's right now (retail close to $4) you'd still be paying close to $3 each. As if!

  • The chuck roast and steak are $1.77/lb (save $2.52). Since I'm a big crock pot/slow cooking fan, I'll probably consider this. I've been able to freeze Giant's beef roasts (raw, not cooked) without any issues in the past, too, so they are convenient for backup meals if you need to defrost something quickly and throw it in to simmer.

  • The bagged European blend salads (Giant brand) are $1.77 - normal price, I believe, is $2.99, exactly the same as the Dole bags of salad. (I always have bad luck with bagged salad of any brand going south real fast, so I only grab deals like this if it looks fresh and I'm planning on serving it right away.)
Giant Deals this Week - 02/20-02/26SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Ebates and Swagbucks are both easy ways to earn rewards while doing what you normally do - web-searching through Google and shopping for bargains online!

No comments: