Sunday, December 6, 2009

Unusual Stocking Stuffer: Baconnaise, Cheap Today on Amazon.com

So, I was browsing through my Google Reader, when a part of Mrs. Moneysaver's Christmas gift guide post caught my eye. She had mentioned a Bacon Lover's gift pack of novelty items (bacon lip balm, anyone?) - and I have more than a few bacon lovers in my immediate family. A part of the gift set, Baconnaise, is basically bacon-flavored mayonnaise. My brother actually just described this condiment to me over Thanksgiving break, dubbing it, "Everything that is simultaneously right and wrong about America."

When I went to check out the gift pack on Amazon, it was out of stock at the moment, but I looked further down the page, in the "Customers that Bought This Item Also Bought..." section - and saw the Baconnaise by itself! Three 15-oz. jars are priced at $14.29, but after a 15% Subscribe and Save discount (you can cancel the subscription immediately after placing your order) and a 20% discount offered on J&D products through December 31, I paid $9.29 for three jars.

True, normally couponing would lead me to pay much, much less for mayo, much less any condiment, but in this case I was willing to pay ~$3.10 per jar for the novelty aspect - and for those bacon-loving family members of mine. :) This is one stocking stuffer they'll never see coming.
.
Unusual Stocking Stuffer: Baconnaise, Cheap Today on Amazon.comSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Ebates and Swagbucks are both easy ways to earn rewards while doing what you normally do - web-searching through Google and shopping for bargains online!

No comments: