Saturday, December 19, 2009

Hail from Newbornland

Greetings! 'Tis I, A., who welcomed our second daughter into the world last week. I write this post from the ether of those first hazy days of life with a newborn - and a two-year-old, to boot. Am thinking today during the snowstorm how glad I am to be huddled in the warmth of our home with the baby already here, instead of anxiously hoping that a snowplow will visit our part of the neighborhood pronto so that I can get to a hospital. :)

Needless to say, deal-hunting has been moved to the back burner for these first heady days while we figure out nursing, sleep deprivation, and diapering a dimpled, wiggly little booty anew. The support of friends and family has gone a long way - we've had many meals brought to us that have made a big difference in terms of saving us cooking/cleaning/grocery shopping hassle.

Additionally, my couponing and freezer stockpile from the last few months has really helped! Tonight we popped one of my frozen pot pies in the oven - made back in November with couponed frozen veggies and crockpot-cooked chicken, of course! - and enjoyed a homemade dinner with no effort. I also have some sour cream muffins and a bit of spinach dip frozen from a couple of weeks ago - my little Christmas present to myself when I don't feel like cooking. And lastly: a stockpile of nonperishables like tea, brown rice, peanut butter, cereal, honey, powdered milk, etc. will ensure that even in weeks to come when that much-needed trip to the grocery store just doesn't happen, we won't exactly waste away.

Since our little one has joined us, Mel has been keeping y'all going with posts in the last two weeks, and my abundant thanks go to her for her efforts. I plan to rejoin her in posting in the coming days, though my posts (including the 5 Reasons to Visit Giant posts) are likely to develop a more concise style, headlining only the very best deals spotted, since my hands are more-than-occupied with about 8 lbs. of hungry baby these days.

I hope that now that we are past most shipping deadlines and fast approaching Christmas, you are also able to relax, enjoy the fruits of your own coupon savings from the past few weeks, and focus on time with loved ones. Don't worry - there will be plenty of opportunities to coupon shop again in 2010. :)
.
Hail from NewbornlandSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Ebates and Swagbucks are both easy ways to earn rewards while doing what you normally do - web-searching through Google and shopping for bargains online!

3 comments:

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms said...

Congratulations! And you're right to be glad you're not trying to get thru this snow right now. Cuddle and enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Congrats A. on the new baby! Glad to hear that you and baby are doing well!
Laura

Unknown said...

Congrats, A. Merry Christmas and Happy New year! What a great holiday present?! Enjoy! Get as much as rest you can. Will be thinking of you.