Monday, December 28, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Anyone else ready for some post-Christmas detox? Too many cookies, fudge, biscotti, cookies, ham, and more cookies... they were all delicious, but I'm feelin' it!

Sorry for the lack of a menu plan post last week. It just didn't happen. I was preparing for a house full of visitors (6 additional adults!) and my husband surprised me by taking the whole week off from work. To work on our mostly renovated kitchen.

It is now 3/4 of the way renovated, but I have to say that I started out our Christmas more stressed and tired than I expected. Don't get me wrong: I'm grateful for my husband's selfless hard work and love, but the timing! Say no more. Any meals that made it to our table last week were courtesy of our Crock Pot, microwave, grill or Chipotle. Yes, I grilled around the piles of snow, thanks to the shoveling skills of my husband!

We have one more visitor arriving tonight, then my husband and toddler head off by themselves for a few days. Which means I have a few days to myself! In my own house! This has never happened before! I don't plan to cook much, but I do plan to organize some things, clean up after our wonderful guests, make some returns, visit with at least one girlfriend, and possibly do a half baking day. Or not, depending on how things go!

What's cookin' in your kitchen this week?
Monday: dinner out
Tuesday: leftover Honeybaked Ham, sweet potatoes, steamed veggies
Wednesday: BBQ chicken, wild rice, steamed veggies
Thursday: steaks on the grill, spinach artichoke dip w/ crackers, homemade bread
Friday: Crispy Chicken Fingers, sweet potato fries, steamed veggies
Saturday: Cobb salad with grilled chicken, bacon, and whatever else we have

Baking list:
Corn bread
Pumpkin muffins
Chocolate chip cookies
Chai tea biscotti
Chocolate-dipped orange biscotti
Menu Plan MondaySocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Ebates and Swagbucks are both easy ways to earn rewards while doing what you normally do - web-searching through Google and shopping for bargains online!

1 comment:

Kimberlee said...

Wow! I love my kids more than anything, but I would love it if my hubby and kids took off for a few days!!! :) Lucky!!!! haha