Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Works for Me Wednesday: Home Projects Outfit

It's Wednesday, and that means it's time for another "Works for Me Wednesday" tip, as hosted by the blog carnival at We Are THAT Family. See this week's Works for Me Wednesday here.

I've spent a lot of hours on home projects in the past week.
  • I stripped, painted & restored an antique desk.
  • I repainted a bookshelf to match the desk.
  • I stained our deck.
Using the same clothes works for me when doing messy home projects, particularly sanding, paint & spackle projects.

When we became homeowners 8 years ago, I quickly realized that I'm a messy painter and that it's downright convenient to have clothes reserved just for those occasions. I keep an old pair of sneakers on hand, along with a pair of pants, pair of shorts and 2 t-shirts. This way I have 2 changes of clothes available when I get the bug for home projects.

I love that I can wipe paint off my hands onto the clothes and not worry. My sneakers are dirty and I don't wear them into the house or out on the town. My t-shirts are works of art. I smile when I think of the projects we've been blessed to tackle over the years.

I store these items in a special pile on my closet shelf. I also take care when washing them - I don't just throw them in with all our other good clothes.

Works for me!
Works for Me Wednesday: Home Projects OutfitSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Ebates and Swagbucks are both easy ways to earn rewards while doing what you normally do - web-searching through Google and shopping for bargains online!

1 comment:

Innkeeper Seely said...

I do the same thing! Eventually even the work clothing has to be trashed. I absolutely have to have work clothes with pockets though. (and need to remember to check them before I wash the stuff.)