Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Safeway: Cheap or FREE Fruit Snacks, today only 10/26/10!


I'm down with flu this week, but I(Mel) stopped by Safeway this morning to pick up some orange juice and produce after dropping off my son at preschool.  Survival food.

I had clipped the $.99 Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks coupon from last week's Safeway circular and loaded $.50/2 coupons from both Cellfire and Shortcuts, thinking I could score some cheap fruit snacks.  The Super Coupon  had a limit of 4, so I combined that 2 General Mills coupons per Scenario 1 below.  I thought I was doing well, but I was shocked when I received a $2 coupon back from General Mills! There's a special at Safeway through 10/31 where you get $1 back for purchasing 2 packs, $2 back for purchasing 4 packs, etc.  Woot! So Safeway paid me $.50 to bring home 4 boxes of fruit snacks.

This is not an item we eat often, but both my husband and son take great delight in eating fruit snacks when they find them in their lunches.  Fruit snacks, fruit roll-ups, etc. also make a great(and in this case CHEAP!) Halloween treat.  If I can drum up the energy, I might try Scenario #2 later today.  Or even better, send my husband!

Scenario 1:
$.99 Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks Safeway Super Coupon
2 - $0.50/2 Betty Crocker Fruit by the Foot, Fruit Gushers or Fruit Roll-Ups snacks - 09/12/2010 GM
The Cellfire and Shortcuts coupons didn't come off b/c I bought fruit snacks.  They would work for Fruit by the Foot, Gushers or Fruit Roll-ups.
Receive $2.00 General Mills coupon
TOTAL: Make ~$.50 on 4 boxes!

Scenario 2:

$.99 Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks Safeway Super Coupon
Cellfire coupon $.50 on 2 Fruit by the Foot, Gushers or Fruit Roll-ups
Shortcuts coupon $.50 on 2 Fruit by the Foot, Gushers or Fruit Roll-ups
Receive $2.00 General Mills coupon
TOTAL: ~$1.00 for 4 boxes!

The Super Coupon is only good through today, so act quickly if you want some cheap lunch snacks or treats for Trick-or-Treaters!

Safeway: Cheap or FREE Fruit Snacks, today only 10/26/10!SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Ebates and Swagbucks are both easy ways to earn rewards while doing what you normally do - web-searching through Google and shopping for bargains online!

No comments: