- My Target has fresh produce and meats now! Not only that, but many of their prices are the same or lower than Giant's "sale" prices. Needless to be say, I will be scrutinizing the Target matchups at the likes of Money Saving Mom a lot more closely to see if I can score some deals. I also like the "two birds, one stone" offerings of a big box store with fresh groceries - whereas if I hit Giant and Target separately (as in the past), I'd be likelier to spend more.
- My daughter has outgrown the baby/toddler section of the Children's Place. The Children's Place used to be my one-stop-shop for my three-year-old's clothes. But now that she has outgrown the toddler sizes at the Children's Place and is moving into the little girls' section, I'm noticing that the deals on staples (such as their denim) are not so great for the preschooler set and up! (I used to put a 15% coupon on a $5 clearanced toddler pair...but I have yet to see jeans in size 4 and up hit that low of a clearance price at CP.)
I must regroup and seek deals elsewhere - though I do not want to sacrifice too much on quality since I have a baby daughter who will be coming right into the same set clothes in just a couple of years, and am hoping to reuse as much of that wardrobe as possible!
My top pics of late have been the clearance racks at TJMaxx and Target, but I'm open to suggestions from fellow bloggers and readers! Ideally, I shoot for $5 or less on pants and sweaters and $3-4 or less on shirts (especially summer T-shirts).
- There are two new stores coming to Potomac Mills: a JCrew and a Victoria's Secret! OK, this one is purely me-oriented. But seeing those "Coming Soon" signs really got me excited! I wonder if you can redeem those frequently-issued Victorias Secret freebie coupons (for lip gloss, undies, etc.) at the outlet locations. Anybody care to enlighten us!?! Victoria's Secret is scheduled to arrive in May.
Back in my college days, I was near a JCrew outlet, and it was the only time in my life when I considered JCrew clothes' prices within reason for my budget. I am crossing my fingers that the coming outlet will do similar prices (just a few bucks for tank tops, etc.). I may put a hold on my wardrobe purchases until this JCrew outlet opens just so I can see what the offerings are. JCrew is scheduled to arrive in June.
(And for the electronics afficionados, a Bose outlet store just opened in April, too!)
- I just discovered camelcamelcamel this week, thanks to Baby Cheapskate. I can now track the Amazon prices on my favorite items in the long term and scoop them up when they dip temporarily. Anticipate potentially being able to publicize some of these these dips on Redemption Unlimited as well!
- A little bonus item, though not retail, still very newsworthy - at least in my world. :)
There is a German beer hall opening up in the downtown area soon! Apparently supposed to be very authentic. Me + authentic German food = one very happy girl. (Goulaschsuppe, Knoedel, Sauerkraut, Spaetzle, Jaegerschnitzel, Weißer Spargel...need I elaborate?!) I plan on investigating with my husband once a sitter can be arranged. In the meantime, if anybody finds coupons to Biergarten Haus, alert me, please.
5 hours ago