Friday, October 9, 2009

Children's Consignment Sale: Tomorrow, October 10


Guess what I've been doing this week? You guessed it, getting these piles of disorganized children's clothes ready for a consignment sale tomorrow.

Northern Virginia has a great offering for children's consignment sales. Thanks to generous friends and family and my love of yard & consignment sales (or would that be the art of a deal?), our little one has been cheap to outfit. I have spent probably $25-$50 per year on clothes for my toddler's first two years. That makes up for the money we've shelled out on diapers. Even when I maximize savings using coupons, CVS ECB deals, etc. on diapers, the cost does add up.

If you have a little one or nieces and nephews, consignment is the way to go for affordable books, toys & clothing that are barely used. My nieces have enjoyed things I've found over the years, and it's fun for me to see how cheaply I can get those cute clothes. Consignment sales are helpful when you're looking for an affordable Halloween costume, holiday outfit, or brand name clothing you wouldn't ordinarily buy at full price.

This is my first time consigning. A number of my friends have done this in the past and made some money back on past clothing purchases. I'm looking forward to the opportunity and will let you know how it goes next week. If I can get past the tagging and organizing stage, I think it might even be fun! I'm definitely looking forward to having more storage space in our home.
Children's Consignment Sale: Tomorrow, October 10SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Ebates and Swagbucks are both easy ways to earn rewards while doing what you normally do - web-searching through Google and shopping for bargains online!

No comments: