After years of hearing my younger, hipper sister tell me about using Pandora Internet Radio on her cel phone, I finally checked it out a couple months ago.
The verdict: I'm hooked!
There are several reasons why I really like this free, internet-based radio service:
- It's FREE!
- It's super simple to set up an account. It took me less then 5 minutes to do so.
- I can access my account from any computer by logging in.
- It's easy to set up "stations" based on music preferences, and Pandora is intuitive when it comes to spinning tunes. For instance, once you set up a station and enter a few artists, Pandora will stream other tunes and artists in that genre.
- It has a "thumbs-up" or "thumbs-down" feature. It's easy to tell Pandora if you don't like something and never want to hear it again, or the reverse!
- It has an exhaustive music collection! For someone like me(Mel) who memorizes tunes pretty easily, that matters. And don't forget, it's FREE! What a find.
Special thanks to my sister for introducing me to Pandora. Little sisters rock!