Friday, May 14, 2010

Giant and Shell Loyalty Partnership: Save up to $2.20/gallon!


There is a new gas rewards program at Shell gas stations in partnership with Giant grocery stores -  details here! Basically, your gas rewards points (earned for every dollar spent at Giant) are no longer confined to just Giant gas stations; you can now swipe your card or type your phone number associated with your Giant card to get the discount - of up to $2.20 off per gallon! - at local Shell stations as well. (Not sure about whether nonlocal Shell stations participate...) As I understand it, every $100 spent at Giant translates to $0.10 off per gallon of gas - and points/savings earned expire after 30 days.

I will be mulling over the details of this and comparing Shell gas prices with those of other stations to determine how this would be worthwhile. In our family's case, our Sam's Club gasoline already goes $0.10-$0.15 less than most, and there's not a Shell station convenient to my usual errand-running routes, so I'm not sure whether I'll use the new program much, if at all.

Anybody else want to comment with thoughts or strategies on maximizing savings with this partnership?
Giant and Shell Loyalty Partnership: Save up to $2.20/gallon!SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Ebates and Swagbucks are both easy ways to earn rewards while doing what you normally do - web-searching through Google and shopping for bargains online!

1 comment:

Kristi Donovan said...

Being a frequent Giant shopper, yesterday I looked up my points and discovered that I was at over 400 - equaling .40 off per gallon. I was shocked, and I have to believe you aren't going to find gas that cheap anywhere... I wouldn't write this one off - but be strategic - use it to fill up your biggest tank, and make a point to cash in every 30 days.