Monday, September 7, 2009

Menu Planning Monday


Hope you are enjoying your long weekend!

As I look ahead to our week, I realize how busy it is and how challenging it will be cook healthy meals around our schedules. We'll be eating out at least one night, and I'm trying to keep things simple by using things I already have in the house. We have a container of leftover tomato basil soup from 2 weeks ago that kept well in the freezer, so you'll see that on the menu again. We have some shrimp I'd like to use up, and I'm trying a Moroccan recipe for the first time, the chicken tagine. I have had the white chicken chili at The Cheesecake Factory the last two times I've been there, so I'm going to try the recipe below to see if it holds a candle.

I'm a fan of Cooking Light recipes, and I recently discovered a section on their recipe website that features 5-ingredient recipes. Check out the "5-Ingredient Cookbook: Fresh Food Fast" sometime!

Head over to I'm an Organizing Junkie if you need more menu planning ideas.

Monday Dinner with friends
Tuesday Chicken Tagine, whole wheat couscous
Wednesday Tomato Basil Soup, honey wheat bread
Thursday Chili-Lime Shrimp, steamed veggies
Friday Dinner out
Saturday Chicken with Cider and Bacon Sauce, steamed veggies
Sunday White Chicken Chili
Menu Planning MondaySocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Ebates and Swagbucks are both easy ways to earn rewards while doing what you normally do - web-searching through Google and shopping for bargains online!

No comments: