Monday, August 24, 2009

Menu Planning Monday

Did you use any of our ideas for your menu plan last week? Leave us a comment if you did.

A short review:
We didn't get to burgers on the grill last night because of a busy week and an impromptu dinner out. So we'll move those to this week. The Crock Pot pesto chicken and sweet potatoes turned out well but seemed like a bit of an odd combination.

And now onto a new week! We'll have a vegan visitor in town, so I'm looking forward to cooking for her. I was also blessed with some tomatoes from my brother's garden, so I'll be using those along with a container of salsa that needs to be eaten this week. You'll also notice that I have honey whole wheat bread on the plan each week. I make a big batch (3 loaves) at once and keep it in the freezer. Hubby loves it and it's an easy, delicious side.

Monday Burgers on the grill, garden salad
Tuesday Crock Pot Chicken & Salsa for fajitas
Wednesday Stir Fry Veggie Noodles (made with veggie noodles from Super H)
Thursday Spinach & Black Bean Egg Rolls (I make these with rice wrappers)
Friday Tomato Basil Soup, Grilled chicken, honey whole wheat bread
Saturday Dinner with friends - probably stuffed shells and/or homemade pizza
Sunday Leftovers

Happy Monday!

If you'd like more ideas, check out the Mr. Linky at I'm an Organizing Junkie.
Menu Planning MondaySocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Ebates and Swagbucks are both easy ways to earn rewards while doing what you normally do - web-searching through Google and shopping for bargains online!

No comments: