Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Works for Me Wednesday: Coupon Clipping

It's Wednesday again - time for another "Works for Me!" tip, inspired by the blog carnival/series at We are THAT Family. This week's We are THAT Family Works for Me Wednesday tip can be seen here.

We are big coupon users here at Redemption Unlimited. Both of us have different strategies and organizational tendencies in this department.

Mel: What works best for me is clipping my coupons right away when they come into my home. If I don't, I won't know what I have and ultimately won't use them. So I clip and file them in my coupon organizer right away.

A.
: I go through the inserts as they come my way, and clip the coupons that I am almost guaranteed to use (for household staples like Dannon, Yoplait, Kellogg's cereal, or for unusually high-value coupons, $0.75 coupons that will triple nicely, etc.). These go into my portable 13-slot coupon accordion organizer. I then leave the other unclipped coupons intact in their inserts and file the insert away for future use in case an insert is cited by other bloggers in a sale (more on this filing system at a later WFMW post). This way I can have an idea of all of the coupons that I have, while maintaining a ready-to-go envelope of definitely-will-use coupons.

Works for me!
Works for Me Wednesday: Coupon ClippingSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Ebates and Swagbucks are both easy ways to earn rewards while doing what you normally do - web-searching through Google and shopping for bargains online!

No comments: