Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Works for Me Wednesday: Freezing Chicken in a Marinade

It's Wednesday, and that means it's time for another "Works for Me Wednesday" tip, as hosted by the blog carnival at We Are THAT Family. See this week's Works for Me Wednesday here.

I(Mel) buy chicken breasts in large quantities when on sale for $1.99/lb. So I have a few meal ideas without having to work, I freeze a few pounds of chicken(.75 to 1 lb. per plastic freezer bag) in my favorite marinades. I'm amazed by how much better the chicken tastes when grilled after being frozen, then thawed in a marinade. The meat is moister and carries more flavor.

I can't claim originality for this idea, as a friend recommended it a few years ago. Thanks, S!
Works for Me Wednesday: Freezing Chicken in a MarinadeSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Ebates and Swagbucks are both easy ways to earn rewards while doing what you normally do - web-searching through Google and shopping for bargains online!

No comments: