Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Clearanced Starbucks - at CVS and at Target!

I did a run to CVS today - to snag the $3.49 Skintimate Shave Cream that was free after ExtraCare Bucks. Since I had a $3.98 ExtraCare Buck receipt, I needed at least $0.50 worth of filler to be able to spend my $3.98 (your total must exceed the ECBs spent). I was shocked to discover Starbucks chocolate bars priced to clear at $1.50 - and this made me very happy, as I had picked up some $1/1 Starbucks chocolate coupons from blinkies in the very same CVS store just a few weeks ago. My $0.50 filler - better than my usual $0.50 fillers for sure! If you saw the same blinkies, you can snag yourself some mocha or milk chocolate (but the dark chocolate wasn't on clearance...). I paid $0.05 after the $3.98 ECB, and earned $3.49 ECBs back. Yea!

On to Target, where I was going to try to pick up the aforementioned $4.50 Dunkin' Donuts coffee. After grabbing the coffee, I went to glance at the clearance display at the end of one of the food aisles. And what to my wondering eyes should appear...but clearanced holiday season dark chocolate raspberry Frappuccino 4-packs, discount-priced at just $2.49. I didn't have a Starbucks coupon for this (in fact, can't recall ever having seen bottled Frappuccino coupons...), but that's as cheap as I've ever seen a Frappuccino 4-pack, especially for a drink that retailed $1.50-$2.00 in single doses last fall! The packaging says that the drinks are best until May 2009. In addition, the transaction generated some sort of Target-type Catalina: a printout for a free Starbucks Pike Place coffee (up to $1.95 value, expires 05/31/09) with the purchase of any other Starbucks Pike Place coffee, at in-Target Starbucks locations. If you're into raspberry/coffee flavors and Starbucks in general, this deal's for you! The Voice of Mom reviewed Dark Chocolate Raspberry Frappuccinos here.
.
Clearanced Starbucks - at CVS and at Target!SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Ebates and Swagbucks are both easy ways to earn rewards while doing what you normally do - web-searching through Google and shopping for bargains online!

No comments: