Saturday, September 18, 2010

Super Savings Saturday: $2.99 potted mums at Aldi!

I(Mel) made a trip to Woodbridge this week to visit IKEA, hit Aldi for some cheap groceries, and get cheaper gas at Costco.

I realized that I should be making that trip once a month for these reasons:

(1) Cheaper gas.
Costco gas is 20 cents cheaper per gallon than in my neighborhood. It's 15 cents cheaper per gallon than other Woodbridge gas stations. For a full tank of gas, I save $2-$3.

(2) Inspiration.
Even if I don't find what I'm looking for at IKEA, it fills me with creative gift, home decorating and entertaining ideas. It's good to fill my mind and eyes with such!

(3) Cheaper grocery staples & produce.
Grocery shopping at Aldi, even once a month, could significantly reduce our spending on staple groceries and produce. I have been underwhelmed with Aldi's meats, but I'm impressed with its produce and some dairy items. You can't beat buying a Dole pineapple for $1.69, fresh peaches for $.49, and 8-packs of flour tortillas for $.99. Because Aldi only accepts cash or debit cards, I tend to keep my spending under better control, too.

And now, drumroll please, for the biggest bargain I found this week...
8" potted mums for $2.99 each at Aldi!

Each fall I like to buy a few potted mums to spruce up our home for fall. I'm not much of a gardener, but it's easy to re-pot or transfer mums into flower beds. I spent 15 minutes doing just that yesterday. See the photos for our results. 4 mums for just over $12! That's less than half the price I'd normally pay.
Super Savings Saturday: $2.99 potted mums at Aldi!SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Ebates and Swagbucks are both easy ways to earn rewards while doing what you normally do - web-searching through Google and shopping for bargains online!

No comments: